When a user logs in and found out that the logged in profile is temp and not the real profile, this means the profile is corrupted and needs a fix.
- Login as admin account on the computer.
- In C:\users
- Rename the user account to a different name. This is because after you fix the profile, you will need to copy all data again from the renamed one to the user profile which will be created from scratch so that we get all files and settings back again.
- Delete any temp profiles found if any
- Run as admin “regedit”
- Navigate to
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
- Check each folder and look on the right side info for the user name.
- Once found it, delete the folder completely.
- Check again each folder and look on the right side info for the user name.
- Log off the admin account
- Log in with the user account to create a new profile from scratch.
- Wait until the profile is created and desktop appears.
- Log out again
- Log in using the admin account
- Navigate to the renamed original user profile
- Copy everything in it to the new created profile in C:\users
- Log out
- Log in using the user account again.